Are you eager to pursue a university degree but constrained by location, time, or other barriers? Olabisi Onabanjo University’s Open and Distance Learning (ODL) program could be your ticket to realizing your educational dreams.
This innovative program offers you the flexibility to access tertiary education from anywhere, making it accessible regardless of your age, job nature, or location. In this guide, we will walk you through the steps to apply for OOU Distance Learning program for the 2023/2024 academic session.
Table of Contents
Why Choose OOU Distance Learning?
Distance Learning at Olabisi Onabanjo University breaks down the traditional barriers to education. Whether you’re a full-time professional, a stay-at-home parent, or simply someone looking for a flexible education solution, OOU’s Distance Learning program can make it possible. Here are a few reasons to consider this option:
- Accessibility: This program allows you to access quality education without having to be physically present on campus.
- Flexibility: With adaptable learning settings, you can tailor your studies to fit your schedule, making it ideal for working professionals.
- Equal Opportunity: Age, location, and other factors are no longer limitations. OOU’s Distance Learning program empowers everyone to pursue higher education.
To apply for the OOU Open and Distance Learning Program, you need to meet specific admission requirements depending on the degree program you’re interested in:
4-Year Degree Program:
- You must have 5 O’level credits in GCE, SSCE, or NECO, obtained in not more than two sittings. These credits should include English Language and Mathematics.
- The remaining three subjects must be selected from Economics, Geography, Commerce, Government, Accounts, and Book-keeping.
3-Year Degree Program:
In addition to the requirements mentioned above, you must have at least one of the following qualifications:
- Pass in at least two subjects in HSC or GCE “A” level. (The grade point is to be determined by the department from time to time).
- OND in Accounting or Financial Studies or Business Studies from an approved Polytechnic or College of Technology with at least Upper Credit.
- ICAN ATS (Final Level).
- Foundation pass of recognized professional bodies such as ICAN, ACCA, CIMA, CIBN, CIA, CIS, CITN, ATSWA.
- Diploma in Accounting of the Olabisi Onabanjo University, Lower Credit may be accepted.
- Diploma certificates from any other approved programs from the Social and Management Sciences (particularly Business Administration, Economics, and Banking & Finance) of the Olabisi Onabanjo University. Lower credit may be accepted.
To apply for the OOU Distance Learning Program, follow these steps:
- Visit the Center’s website at ODL OOU Application Page.
- Complete the online application form with your personal and academic information.
- For further inquiries, you can visit the official OOU ODL Center website at ODL OOU Official Website or contact them by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have any questions or need assistance, feel free to reach out to the following contact numbers: 08061611456 and 09066720769.
-Economics ( For now, the programme is only opened to applicants applying to study economics.)
A. Four-Year Degree Programme
(i) Candidates must have five ‘O’ Level Credits in GCE or SSCE or NECO at not more than two sittings in subjects which must include English Language and Mathematics. The remaining three subjects must be from Economics, Geography, Commerce, Government and Accounts & Book-keeping.
(ii) Candidates must take English Language and Mathematics and two other subjects from Economics Geography, Commerce, Government and Accounts &Book-keeping at the UTME (JAMB)
B. Three-Year Degree Programme
In addition to the requirements in (A) above, candidates must have at least one of the following:
(i) Pass in at least two subjects in HSC or GCE “A” Level. (the grade point to be determined by the Department from time to time)
(ii) OND in Accounting or Financial Studies or Business Studies of approved Polytechnic or Colleges of Technology with at least Upper Credit,
(iii) ICAN ATS (Final Level)
(iv) Foundation pass of recognized professional bodies such as ICAN, ACCA, CIMA, CIBN, CIA, CIS, CITN, ATSWA
(v) Diploma in Accounting of the OlabisiOnabanjo University, Lower Credit may be accepted.
(vi) Diploma certificates from any other approved programmes from the Social and
Management Sciences (Particularly Business Administration, Economics and Banking & Finance) of the OlabisiOnabanjo University. Lower Credit may be accepted.
Don’t let the limitations of traditional education hold you back. Embrace the opportunities that Olabisi Onabanjo University’s Distance Learning Program provides. Apply today and take the first step toward achieving your academic and career goals.