On allegations of maladministration and financial mismanagement, councillors in Ogun State’s Ijebu East Local Government Area have suspended Wale Adedayo, head of the local government, for three months.
Adedayo was reportedly suspended by seven Ijebu East Local Government Legislative Council councillors.
He was ordered to appear at the legislative council’s upcoming meeting on September 14, 2023, according to the councillors, who said that the council had received a number of claims that needed to be looked into.
Wale Adedayo had recently accused Ogun State governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun, of tampering with the revenue allocations of local governments in Ogun State.
Meanwhile, fifteen allegations have been levied against the suspended chairman and has being directed to handover all the properties of the Council in his possession to the Vice Chairman, who will act as the Chairman during his suspension.
- Withdrawal of N4million from LG account for empowerment in 2022, which never took place.
- Wastage of N2million on Isese day on August 20, 2022.
*Duty tour allowance for the chairman and other top functionarie N260,000 in June 2023.
*Another duty tour allowance for the chairman and other top officials engagement in Ab eokuta to the tune of N250,000, also ratified in June 2023.
- N426,000 purportedly spent on the production of report on 2020 Jigbo festival ijebu east, when we were even yet to be elected.
- Claiming N350, 000 to the inauguration of Women in Politics in Ijebu East in 2022. The money was not released to the group in 2022
- Entertainment and other logistics expenses durring the commissioning of Legislative Building at N350,000 on 18th of April 2023.
- Another entertainment on that same commissioning of the Legislative Building at N295,000 same day, 18th of April 2023.
- The second N8.2million sent from phase 2 of the project (table and the chair for schools) 20 (twenty) chairs were made with N8.2m..
*Another N20million allocation from the state is nowhere to be found.
*Another N15million sent from the state went same way without any project to show for it.
*Award of two boreholes at the cost of N1.8million each totaling N3.6million in August 2023.
- While he collects N3 million monthly as security votes, he has held on to the N300,000 monthly security vote of the Vice Chairman for about five months. He has refused to pay up despite several interventions and meetings on the issue by the ALGON executive, led by Hon. Tunde Emiola Gazal.
- Inability to account for over N2.5million left in the Project Account of the council by previous administration for the completion of a school at Kajola, ogbere. The school remains uncompleted till date.
- Illegal tax collection from Okada riders and drivers via what the chaiman called “levy”without the approval of the Legislative Council, which is double taxation for the people of Ijebu East at this tough period.
“Having received the above allegations, there is need for thorough investigation by the House.