Man electrocuted while helping neighbor in Ogun

Share Story

A middle-aged electrician in Unity Estate, Aregbe, Abeokuta, the capital of Ogun State, tragically suffered electrocution on Tuesday while he was assisting a neighbor in resolving an electrical issue.

The Police Public Relations Officer of the Ogun State Command, SP Omolola Odutola, confirmed the incident and stated that an official statement on the matter would be released shortly.

See also  NAFDAC destroys fake, expired goods worth N16bn in Ogun

Reports indicate that a resident named Elijah in Unity Estate, Aregbe, located in the Obantoko area of Odeda local government in Ogun State, had sought the services of an electrician to rectify an electrical fault.

The unfortunate incident occurred during a power outage when the electrician was working on the electrical pole. However, electricity was unexpectedly restored while he was in the middle of his task.

See also  Fight cultism through sports, SWAN tells Ogun govt 

A source from the community revealed that in the ensuing panic, residents scattered, and the incident was promptly reported to the Aregbe Police Station.

The source explained, “The electrician was hired to assist with electrical repairs in Mr. Elijah’s home. He had been helping with such tasks when the power company’s technicians were unavailable. There was no electricity when he initiated the repair. However, power was suddenly restored, resulting in the tragic electrocution. Initially, those present fled in panic, but later, Mr. Elijah reported the incident at Aregbe Police Station, and members of the Community Development Association joined him.”

See also  Hit and run police officer chasing motorist for extortion kills SS1 student in Ipokia

Tags

Share Article

Don't Miss